Valent BioSciences is a global organization that embraces a team-focused, fast-paced, challenging and professional work environment offering its employees room to grow. As a leading supplier of environmentally friendly, highly effective products and services for agriculture, public health, and forestry, we are always looking for people who share our passion and commitment to improving the quality of life for people worldwide. The Valent Biosciences manufacturing site located on an expansive73-acre site in Osage, IA is a state of the art 130,000 square foot plant and is the largest purpose-built biorational facility in the world. It serves as the manufacturing and quality control center for Valent Biosciences broad portfolio of fermentation products.
JOB SUMMARY and KEY OBJECTIVES
This position is responsible for testing of in-process and final product for Valent BioSciences, LLC. The individual must adhere to testing schedules to accomplish a high volume of critical work without compromising the integrity of the results while meeting the scheduling needs of manufacturing. Good documentation practices and well as the ability to follow and comprehend a written procedure is a requirement.
· Bioassay testing of raw materials, in-process, and finished goods.
· Follow standard test methods and other work instructions and document quality activities as required. This includes handling of samples and performing analyses.
· Troubleshooting laboratory instrumentation and administer simple repairs as needed.
· Completion of test records and data entry.
· Cleaning, calibration and maintenance of lab equipment and instrumentation.
· Daily, weekly and monthly cleaning as required.
· Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) testing in accordance with regulations.
Additional Responsibilities and Tasks
· Preparation of standards and stock solutions.
· Data Entry within Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
· Conduct and / or assist with laboratory investigations and deviations.
· Must have flexibility to work some off-shift and weekend hours.
· Performs other tasks as specified by the manager/director.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required/Associate’s degree preferred.
· Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)experience or knowledge is beneficial.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and other spreadsheet/database software.
· Good inter-departmental communication(written / verbal) required.
· Ability to comprehend and understand written scientific procedures.
We welcome the opportunity to review your qualifications.
Valent BioSciences LLC is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
To apply for this job apply here or visit: