|Job Title||Location||Company||How to Apply||Date Added|
|Middle School Counselor||Osage, IA||Osage Community Schools||An amazing opportunity as Osage Middle School is seeking a full-time school counselor. This individual works with administration, staff and community resources to provide SEBMH supports to students in 5th - 8th. Our desired candidate has the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment, embrace leadership opportunities, and understands the importance of the development and needs of middle school students. Highlights of the position are as follows:|
Opportunity to collaborate with our school social worker to meet student needs. This takes place through a shared agreement with several area school districts.
Responsibility of leading the OMS PBIS team.
Partnering with staff to plan and implement MTSS supports discussed at our monthly Positive Action Team (PAT) meetings.
Chance to make immediate connections with students by teaching a 7th grade guidance exploratory one period a day, as well as facilitating group lessons in other grade levels.
Apply on TeachIowa
|Teacher/Director||Osage, IA||Growing Tree Preschool||Growing Tree Preschool in Osage, IA is currently seeking a certified Teacher/Director to|
lead our 3 year old and 4 year old preschool classroom for the 2020-2021 school year. This
position is full-time with two sections of 3 year olds and one section of 4 year olds.
● The program services three year olds and four year olds in two separate programs. The 4 year old program
is a Community Partnership with Osage Community School District through the Statewide Voluntary
● This program has one classroom paraprofessional to assist students and Teacher/Director.
● The teacher will be an employee of Growing Tree Preschool, not of the public school district.
● The Growing Tree Preschool teacher collaborates regularly with other preschool teachers in the community.
Professional development is organized by the Osage Community School District.
● The Teacher/Director is responsible for administrative duties such as:
■ Recruitment of children and families.
■ Collect tuition, enroll children, keep receipts and records, and assist with fundraisers.
■ Handle family inquiries and utilize social media to assist with promotion.
● Demonstrates an understanding of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the grade level
● Demonstrates knowledge of standards and benchmarks, curriculum and subject matter
● Utilizes active learning models and research-based best practices
● Supports student achievement through use of formative and summative assessment strategies
● Integrates technology in classroom instruction
● Differentiates instruction to meet the needs of multiple learners
● Utilizes PBIS behavior system
● Provides Christian-based experiences and lessons
Professional Staff Member:
● Participates in a program of continuous professional growth
● Actively participates in weekly PLC meetings
● Ability to organize and coordinate work
● Maintains appropriate certifications; both professional and school-based
● Establishes and maintains positive, professional relationships with teammates, staff, students, and parents
● Communicates verbally and in writing with the various segments of the school community: students, parents,
community, school support services, and the like
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree, including all courses needed to meet and maintain credential requirements
2. Credential: Valid Iowa teaching license in early childhood
■ PK-K Teacher, PreKindergarten-Kindergarten Classroom - 103
3. Experience: Experience preferred but not necessary for hiring