Valent BioSciences is a global organization that embraces a team-focused, fast-paced, challenging and professional work environment offering its employees room to grow. As a leading supplier of environmentally friendly, highly effective products and services for agriculture, public health, and forestry, we are always looking for people who share our passion and commitment to improving the quality of life for people worldwide. The Valent Biosciences manufacturing site located on an expansive 73-acre site in Osage, IA is a state of the art 130,000 square foot plant and is the largest purpose-built biorational facility in the world. It serves as the manufacturing and quality control center for Valent Biosciences broad portfolio of fermentation products.
Job Summary and Key Objectives
The purpose of this position is to manage/supervise staff and testing of in process and finished good product within the QC department in support of Valent BioSciences LLC. The Chemistry Supervisor will effectively maximize employee, equipment, and material utilization within budgetary constraints while adhering to quality technical standards.
· Maintains adequate staffing by interviewing, hiring, training, and competency assessment of personnel.
· Performs the scheduling, planning, staffing, and monitoring of work flow to meet established goals.
· Provides staff development through performance development and review and corrective counseling.
· Manage daily workload schedules off all applicable testing areas.
· Review internal lab data for accuracy and lead laboratory investigations.
· Ensures compliance with all regulatory agency requirements including Good Laboratory Procedures through documentation, audits, andcorrective actions.
· Performs assigned duties of the Quality Manager in their absence.
· Ensures Quality Policy and procedures are followed along with implementation, maintenance, improvement ofthe Quality Management System.
· Ensure distribution of the Quality Manual and associated QMS documents. Trains personnel in QMS activities and provide QMS communication.
· Ensures training and competence of laboratory personnel.
· Maintains job descriptions of all direct reports.
· Participates in Management Review ensuring effectiveness of laboratory activities.
· Manages equipment calibration and maintenance programs.
· Initiates nonconforming work investigations and corrective/preventive actions as needed.
· Authorize lab personnel to perform specific tests following training and demonstration of competence.
· Authorize lab personnel to analyze, review and report results in the Laboratory Information Management System.
· Authorized to analyze, review and report test results in the Laboratory Information Management System.
· Authorize laboratory personnel to participate in the modification, verification and validation of test methods.
· Authorized to participate in and approve the modification, verification and validation of test methods.
· Approves, reviews and authorizes QMS documents.
· Identify and approve deviations from QMS procedures and test methods/work instructions.
· Approve corrective action when nonconforming work has been discovered.
· Approves laboratory activities for continual improvements.
· Authorizes the use of a third-party laboratory for sub-contracted work including equipment calibration.
· Authorized to manage non-conforming work.
· Authorizes the resumption of work.
ADDITIONALRESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS
· Procures appropriate supplies and equipment to maximize department efficiency and meet established budgetary and quality goals.
· Provides technical oversight of area(s) of responsibility and serves as a technical resource for problem solving and process improvement to ensure accurate test performance.
· Devotes time to direct sample testing/troubleshooting as needed to maintain adequate workflow.
· Uses effective two-way communication and leads/participates in general laboratory/section meetings.
· Supports, implement, and ensure compliance with all department and company policies and procedures.
· Monitors and ensures implementation of goals to meet established quality assurance, quality control, and quality improvement plans.
· Interacts with internal and external customers to ensure proper sample handling and reporting.
· Participates in the updating of departmental procedures and test methods to accurately reflect the current practices.
· Participates in supervisory skills training.
· Performs other tasks as specified by the manager/director.
· Become proficient in all physical and analytical test methods.
· Participate in the Internal Audit program.
· Participate with GLP studies.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION
· BA/BS in Chemistry or related field; 7+ years relevant experience.
· 2-3 years of supervisor experience including direct reports
· Preferred HPCL, LC, LC-MS/MS, and other analytical instrumentation experience
· A proven leader – adept at coaching, mentoring, and developing talent.
· Ability to supervise and provide leadership for staff.
· Good interpersonal communication, public speaking and writing skills; ability to build relationships needed for program success.
· Ability to analyze statistics and identify trends and perform cost/benefit analysis for efficient allocation of limited resources.
· Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) experience or knowledge is beneficial.
· Understanding of analytical and physical chemistry techniques and methodologies.
· Understanding of Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
We welcome the opportunity to review your qualifications.
Valent BioSciences LLC is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
To apply for this job apply here or visit: