JOB SUMMARY and KEY OBJECTIVES
The purpose of this position is to perform duties related to the operation, maintenance and control of wastewater treatment facilities. The individual monitors’ equipment, gauges and charts; records data related to water quality to ensure water is properly treated before releasing it to the municipal wastewater facility. Keeps supervisor and lead operator apprised of unique situations and problems encountered and identify and reports safety, environmental and other work requirements for resolution.
· Operates and controls electric motors, pumps, and valves to regulate flow of raw water into treating plant.
· Handles and controls water and industrial wastewater treatment using hazardous chemicals.
· Operates, maintains and repairs process units such as clarifiers, aeration basins pumps, valves and dewatering equipment that has a direct effect on the treatment process.
· Responds to and cleans up hazardous spills as required.
· At all times wears appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined by position and duties.
· Complies with health and safety rules and procedures; performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS
· Works at varying elevations.
· Operates a forklift.
· Keeps a neat and clean work environment.
· Completes required trainings.
· Required to walk, climb stairs, lift up to 50 lbs., open and close valves, stand and sit.
· Must be available to work other shifts as directed, to include weekends/holidays and on-call duties.
· Must be able to work in extreme temperatures.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALITIFICATIONS and EDUCATION
· High School diploma or equivalency.
· One (1) years’ experience as a water or wastewater operator.
· Experience performing operations, chemical testing, maintenance and repairs to waster distribution, collection, treatment, and utility plumbing systems, use technical manuals, bulletins or manufacture’s specifications while performing maintenance.
· Ability to obtain Grade 4 water and wastewater license.
· Knowledge of math and chemistry.
· Basic computer skills and familiarity with MicrosoftOffice applications.
· Proficiency and knowledge of a variety of hand and power tools.
We welcome the opportunity to review your qualifications.
Valent BioSciences LLC is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
To apply for this job apply visit: https://www.valentbiosciences.com/valent-biosciences-home/careers
Or email your resume to email@example.com